Monday, June 27, 2011

A Sunday at home


In light of everything that has happened over the past few weeks, it has really brought home to me that more than anything, home is where I want to be.

The Princess and Little Man baked me a cake.

Another of their Frankencakes.

This was an orange cake with a small dash of vanilla essence.  It was covered in vanilla icing with coconut and topped off with chocolate chips.

They couldn't wait long enough for the cake to cool so they went ahead and added the icing anyway.

This is the result.

It was very delicious.




 After eating cake, I put away the groceries.

I really dislike my pantry.  

The previous owner made it narrow and deep, which means I am forever losing things in there.

I make do with the space I have by putting things in baskets that I can slide out.

My last pantry had relatively shallow shelves so that everything could be easily seen and accessible.

I designed my last pantry around the Tupperware Modular Mates so that it was only the depth of the container plus a little bit extra.  I have the Modular Mates two deep in this cupboard and there's still room in front of them for a row of jars.

My pantry is really ready for another clean out.

I'm almost too embarrassed to post this picture, but I have seen worse so I can bear it.


At the end of the day it was time to sit down and relax.

A decaf coffee and a magazine and I'm content.

Yes, this is a plug for my favourite dairy - Mungalli Creek.

I much prefer their bio-dynamic milk but this milk is their cheaper alternative.

And it is so yummy.


Once done, The Princess and I snuggled into bed and watched Monster-in-Law.

What more could a mother ask for?


Today, Little Man and I made chicken and vegetable soup.


Even yummier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!