So, before I reveal 7 things about me, I wanted to update you all on Yasi.
We have finally got most of the vegetation debris cleared. There are a couple of tree trunks still laying on the ground that we've chainsawed up but they're too heavy to remove. We'll wait until the ground hardens up enough to bring the bobcat in and get them out that way. There are still some bottoms of trees and their root systems still in the ground but on an angle, but they're not posing a hazard at the moment so they'll stay there until later.
I'm still waiting for the power company to arrange to have the leaning gum out the front removed. It's on a weird angle and one side of it's roots have lifted out of the ground. It's been reported so if it falls and takes out the power line it won't be my problem (other than we'll lose power for a while).I've signed the permission papers and returned them, now it's another wait.
The mahogany tree that fell over in the chicken yard and landed on the gate and fence was cut up but the bottom and roots are still there. The chickens think it's great to play on or scratch around under the roots to dust bathe in there, so I'll feel bad for them when it's time to dig the remains out. There are also two other mahogany's in there that are still leaning over and we need to get the bobcat or ute over there to use to straighten them back up.
Okay, that's it for us. Oh, and the chickens have each laid an egg each day since the cyclone, with the exception of one or two who may have missed the odd day. But we're getting half a dozen eggs each day on average and that's good. We've got so much I'm having to give them away.
My 7 things about me:
- I love to sing. Notice I didn't say I sing well. I'm dreadful, actually, but I love singing at the top of my voice whenever I can, and if I can add a dance to it then that's even better. I'm the weird looking person in the car next to you doing an excellent imitation of Wayne and Garth's version of Bohemian Rhapsody.
- I'm not afraid of snakes or spiders but I go to pieces if a frog lands on me. Little Man and The Princess take great delight in exploiting this fear. I have been known to burst into tears and do a hand wavy-fluttery thing and do that thing with your feet where you step quickly from foot to foot in a side-ways movement.
- The first ever concert I went to was Demis Roussos. It was with my family. I didn't know we were going but I did like his music. My first 'real' concert was Culture Club. I threw a letter on stage asking Boy George to marry me. I do not have a working 'gay-dar'.
- I can write in mirror-writing and love psyching kids out with it :)
- I can pick things up with my toes. It's handy when you're too lazy to bend over.
- I have almost dead-straight hair, with the exception of one single ringlet at the back. The Princess suffers from the same affliction. I also do not dye my hair and may consider doing so when I find my first grey hair.
- I loved being the duster monitor in primary school. I liked hanging out of the first floor window seeing how low I could reach and bang the dusters on to the bricks. There were always two monitors and we used to see how many bricks down we could reach.
So there you have it. Go and visit Sharon now.
While you're at it, please visit: