Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Maiden Post

Hello!  

This is my first post as a Barefoot Bride and I can't wait to see how it all works out.  Let's hope I can show more commitment to this as I did with following the first season of Lost.  I failed miserably at that.

Today I want to write about what I am grateful for.  I am sure lots of people do the same thing, but you know, when you think about it, there is so much negativity in the world it is important to stop and be thankful for what you do have.

Here is my list:
I am grateful for the gift of life - mine and that of those I love
I am grateful for a loving husband who works his butt off so I don't have to
I am grateful for life's basic needs such as food, water and shelter
I am grateful I have basic human rights

I think that covers it in a nutshell.  There are other things I could list, like chocolate and Tim Tams, but that's too simplistic I think.

Today I bought some fabric and more knitting cotton/bamboo.  This Christmas I am making shopping bags and knitted dish cloths for gifts for my family.  I love reading Rhonda-Jean's Down--To--Earth blog and she inspires me in much of what I am doing now.  So, thank you Rhonda for what I shall make.  

By the way, I welcome comments but if it is mean and hurtful I shall disregard and delete it.  I don't really want any negativity in my life if I can help it.  So, as my mum used to say, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it".  If you don't like my blog, then it is as simple as just don't read it.  It works for me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!