Thursday, January 14, 2010

What am I thinking????


We have a couple coming through this afternoon to view our house, so what do I do when I got up this morning?  Decide to do a big 'wash day'.  Some days I am convinced I still have my pregnancy brain in even though Little Man is now eight years old.  I've done the sheets and pillow cases and protectors from our bed, Little Man's sheets and pillow cases, towels, The Groom's work clothes and general clothes from the past few days.  I am still to do some light dusting, wash the dishes from breakfast or clean the floors.

I'm rationalising my behaviour by telling myself it is better to do the washing today instead of waiting for after our next open house as one never knows when it will rain next.  Yeah, right.  I think I'm just losing the plot.  I must finally admit I am just getting older and allow myself to be taken away by flights of fancy and illogical thoughts.  

By the way - I cannot see a single cloud in the sky!

2 comments:

  1. Love the owls in the pic, so cute!. I have also been told pregnancy brain stays with mothers until the wee ones leave home. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the owls, too! They are the American Women's Day patterns I think, Otis the Owl. I made them out of scrap fabric leftover from cushions and bunting I made for my daughter and niece. I also appliqued the body only onto a pot holder I made for my sister-in-law. It came out lovely and didn't want to give it away.

    Thanks for the note about pregnancy brain. I'll keep that in mind for when I do something silly then I can blame it on that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!