Thursday, October 29, 2009

The greatest gift

There's a parcel waiting for me at the post office.

I think I know what it is, and if it is, then I'm very excited.  I'm hoping it contains the things from my grandmother's house that I asked for - the photos, the Tupperware and other odds and bobs.  I'm eagerly waiting for 2pm to roll around so I can collect it!

I'm feeling a bit better today.  I have put on my blue floral, frilly apron.  I've stocked up on vinegar and I'm ready to clean.  The dust that comes into our house is amazing, it never seems to let up.  I hosed off the dust off the car before I put it into the garage, now I'm going to dust, vacuum and mop the house out the best I can.  I think a lot of the dust in our house comes from the housing development going on around us.  I refuse to close up my house so I choose to bear it.  I seem to be allergic to the dust and smoke around us so try to keep up with the dusting.  

I'm making corn and chive muffins today for school snacks.  For dinner the children and I will be having chicken cooked in a green curry paste with stir fry vegetables and rice.  It's rather hot today so I've chosen to cook something that is light and won't take long to make.  

Well, off to the dusting.  I've got a pile of cotton knitted dusters/wash cloths soaking so once today's jobs are done I can wash the lot and hang them out to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!