Monday, November 9, 2009

How embarrassing!

I taught some 12 and 13 year olds "Reproductive Functions" in class today.  I don't know who was more embarrassed - me or them!  I don't do the 'sex talk' thing very well out of the classroom so this was more difficult with 28 young people hanging on my every word or giggling with whatever it is children at that age find funny.  Then came the MYTHS.  "Miss, is it true...", "Miss, my friend has a friend who knew someone who went out with a boy..."  I was probably like that when I was their age I imagine.  But it was funny.

It has been really warm today so for dinner tonight we are having chicken tenderloins and a salad.  Simple and quick.  That means I can make extra for lunches tomorrow.  I like those kinds of lunches!  I'd like to have the time tonight to make some muffins to freeze but I've got so much more to do on the the little things to get the house ready so I think muffins will be given a miss for a while.  

Today I am grateful for another day of work and another day of pay.  I like working as a relief teacher for the variety of subjects and students it offers, and the pay isn't bad either.  I didn't work any days last week so the one and a half days I have so far this week will be very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!