Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Days of rain and breezes

Today is a day of gentle breezes.

You can tell there's a storm coming again tonight, though.

The air has THAT feel to it.


It's a day for being outside and for cooking quiches for a cold dinner.


That's if they last long enough until dinner time!

Tonight's dinner is quiche with a mixed salad.

But don't tell Little Man it's quiche.

Tell him it's bacon and egg pie.

He doesn't like vegetables.  Or quiche.  Or salad for that matter.


Then watch where you walk when you go outside to feed the chickens.

This is a wasp nest built on a low hanging branch next to the fence at the chicken yard.

It's got to come down.  Paper wasp stings are very painful.

I waited until there were none around and then sprayed it with wasp killer spray.

Inside there are little grub-like things that I presume are babies.


I really don't like spraying with chemicals but if there's a chance one of us will get stung, then a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I think it's going to rain again soon.

There's thunder in the distance and the air has that, well, feeling about it.

That reminds me, I've got to get myself a new rain gauge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!