Friday, August 12, 2011

Bargain shopping

I bought some lovely wool on sale for $2 a ball yesterday.

It is a lovely blue/grey wool blend.

I bought five 50g balls and have already started on a new scarf (even though I am already working on another scarf).

And I will make a lovely knitted hot water bottle cover.

I saw one at a shop for $20!  I nearly fell over when I saw the price.

I'm not that good at knitting - plain and purl squares and rectangles are all I seem to manage.

The Groom is over seeing knitted dish clothes, so I'm sure scarfs and hot water bottle covers will make a pleasant change for him to watch me create.


I'm sure one or more of the finished items will end up as Christmas presents.

We're going to visit family overseas later this  year and I'm sure something will make their way over there with me for them.

If they're lucky!

If I don't keep it for myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!