Friday, June 18, 2010

Darn those little sick 5 year olds!

I am convinced they are the ones responsible for my being sick this week.  I get to the year 1's on Tuesday with the beginnings of a throat that feels like an unopened pack of razor blades and a headache that is about to explode.  

So, I soldiered on with a classroom full of noisy 6 and 7 year olds all week and now I'm ready to fall down in a heap.  Thank heaven for anti-histamines and paracetamol!  I have them again on Monday and hopefully, with it being the last week of school next week, I'll get a chance to stay at home and catch up on the piles of washing that needs to be folded, and the floors that need vacuuming.

I'm ashamed to say that I missed the start of the State of Origin on Wednesday night.  I saw the dressing room and introduction of the Queensland players but cannot recall being awake to see N.S.W's team.  Little Man thought it was great that mummy fell asleep early because there was nobody else to tell him to go to bed.  He's normally allowed to stay up for kick-off and a little bit of the first quarter then he's got to go to bed.

We had the athletics carnival at school today and I'm completely pooped.  I'm really looking for an early bed time tonight.  The Groom has taken Little Man to his football game tonight, then in the morning I am hosting a gardening group at our house.  I can't wait to show off the beginnings of our place.  I'm making a vegetable soup to share so I'll be off to the supermarket to get vegies soon.  I'm disappointed I don't have any of my own produce yet, but I'm sure nobody will mind.  Tomorrow night we have a birthday bbq to go to, then on Sunday I'm hoping for a 'free' day.  The Princess has rehearsals for her school musical and then is off to a friend's house to play.  

Well, that's it.  I'm about to fall asleep but I have to head out for food.  Maybe I'll just get up early in the morning instead...

Today I'm grateful for a week's worth of work.  My last fortnight's pay slip looked good, and would've looked much better if it weren't for the dreaded tax, HECS and an old Austudy loan deductions.  It's been a bit of a busy 3 or so weeks with work.  Now, I'm looking forward to the school holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!