Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Contentment

Elastic waisted pants when you've eaten too much soup on Mother's Day.

Feeling so comfortable in your own skin that you wonder why it took you so long to feel that way.

Handmade cards from your children.

Corny presents chosen from the school Mother's Day stall but because they were bought with love and you in mind they are the best presents you have ever received in your life.

Laying in bed at night with an illicit Milky Way, eaten under the blankets, so you don't have to share any.

I've never been so content in my life.

I love being 40!



2 comments:

  1. Hello, It really is the simple things in life that make us content isnt it? It is a pity some people never realize that. The presents my children have made just for me or bought just for me with their saved up pocket money because they love me are the best presents indeed. Again some people never appreciate that....very sad. Have a great day.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon. I have been way too busy this term to check my blog so only saw your comment. Hope you are doing well after your loss of Webster.

    Yes, it's the simple things that make it all worthwhile. I keep most of their cards (if I don't have them it's because they've gotten lost somehow) and I love going back over them every couple of years, especially to see how their handwriting has developed.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!